London International Exhibition Centre PLC (we, us or our) collects and processes personal data relating to visitors, organisers, exhibitors, website visitors and wireless internet users and other third parties to manage its business and in the provision of its services. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. By visiting our physical premises (Premises), visiting www.excel.london/, www.centred.london, or other links to sub-sites managed or controlled by ExCeL London (Website), or by using any of the above services, including logging into our wireless internet access (Wi-Fi) (the Services) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice (Policy).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data you give us by filling in forms on our Website, or in registering for our Wi-Fi or other Services, submitting any job application or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, WiFi service, search for a product, place an order on our Website, participate in social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Website. This may also include the provision of any on-site Services that you may request or enter into with us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, video images and photographs.
Information we may collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Premises, Website or use of our Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
- personal contact information enabling us to get in touch with you;
- information about the Services you have accessed or used, including dates of attendance to our Premises. You may give us information about the Services you have chosen to receive, the Services that you like and the services you would like us to provide in the future;
- the times and dates of your access to and use of our Website or Services and your geographical location;
- technical information about your computer or access devices, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographical location browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to our Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may collect personal information about you from other companies or organisations and we rely on these third parties to obtain your consent for us to use this information as well our own due diligence. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide as stated above.
By entering our physical premises we undertake CCTV surveillance and video, or still image footage for security and safety purposes. From time to time both ExCeL London and our clients use professional photographers to capture events taking place in the venue. A select number of images may be used for marketing purposes.
How we may use your personal data
We use your personal information to provide you with the Services and to generally manage your relationship with us, or have a legitimate interest to do so, we may also use your personal information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our Website or Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, location profiling, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to conduct market research (only with clear opt-in consent to do so);
- to process and acknowledge any element of the recruitment process;
- to provide you with tailored advertising, to make some of the communications and information you see whilst using our Website or Services more relevant to you, this may include information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; or
- to provide you with marketing information about products, services, events and special offers we feel may interest you, including for a reasonable time after you stop being our customer. This may include communications by post, telephone or email. At any time, however, you may unsubscribe (“opt out” of) such future email contact by following the instructions in the marketing communication itself.
Disclosure of your data
We may share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- business partners, suppliers and contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others - we may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website or Services;
- we may pass information about you and your use of the Website or Services, including, but not limited to how you use our Wi-Fi service, to contracted third parties, this may include for location profiling purposes;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Your data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), to the UAE to fulfil obligations to our parent company ADNEC. We may also share your data with third parties based outside the EEA where our contracted suppliers operate outside this region.
Our Website does contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. When using Google Maps services on our website this will access your location.
How we protect your personal data
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to prevent your data from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold your personal data in line with our data retention policy.
Access to your personal data
As a data subject you have the right to:
- access and/ or obtain a copy of your data on request;
- request us to amend incorrect or incomplete data;
- require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where we are relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask us to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override our legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating your personal data
Where you wish to inform us of a change to your personal data, for example contact details, please do this online (where this facility is available) using the same method you initially provided your data to us, or by writing to us at the address provided above, so that you can assist us in keeping your information up to date and accurate.
You can also choose not to receive marketing information via the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications we send you, alternatively you can choose not to receive marketing information from us by writing to the data protection officer at the email or address given below.
Changes to this policy
The Premises, Website and Services are owned and operated by the data controller, London International Exhibition Centre PLC (registered in England under company number 03458317), trading as ExCeL London. Our principle place of business is at One Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1XL. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
Download Privacy Notice