For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is London International Exhibition Centre plc of 3 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8YZ.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that any personal data we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, then please contact us via the email address provided above as soon as possible.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Site, submitting any job application or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the
- Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographical location browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to process and acknowledge any job application that you make;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, when you agree to receive that marketing. At any time, however, you may unsubscribe from (“opt out” of) such future contact by following the instructions in the marketing communication itself;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others — we may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Your personal data will not be transferred to countries or territories outside the European Economic Area (the EEA).
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we may request the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
Updating your information
In the event that there is a change to your personal information for example your contact details, please let us know of this by updating your details online (where this facility is available) or writing to us at the address provided above, so that we can keep your information up to date and accurate.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
This Site is owned and operated by London International Exhibition Centre plc, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 03458317 with its registered office at 3 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8YZ. Our principle place of business is at One Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1XL.